Wednesday, December 31, 2014

“I was named after the sea.
After Poseidon. Amphitrite.
Their sons, their daughters, the blood
Shed, blue diluting red out of
The intensity of their love making.
I was named after the rocks
Protecting the ocean as if
After some 4 billion years of evolving
It still can’t take care of itself.
I almost drowned in the ocean once.
A foreshadow of my adolescence
Stuck between my baby teeth
But fear the ocean I do not.
I find sand in the most intimate places
And I haven’t been to the beach in two years.
I find seasalt stuck under my fingernails and
Reckless great whales swimming inside of me.
Aquarius.
I am an air sign but
On days when I get too tired of flying about
Running away from my misery
I only want my toes
To touch the spot
Where water meets sand.”
Lost At Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you start to know someone, all their physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in their energy, recognize the sc...